-The Real Teaching-


The real teaching happened for four times on Monday, 2nd September 2019; Wednesday, 4th September 2019; and Friday, 6th September 2019. So, i had to teach grade 4 once, grade 5 once, and grade 6 twice. I used my lesson plan for my guidance when i taught students. I followed every step on the lesson plan, so that, the lesson worked well. My mentor, Kru Puy also accompanied me when i taught 4 and 6, grade students. The school director also stayed to watch me teaching in the classroom. I also used the expository method to teach, but, i changed it a little bit. I had so many discussion and communication with the students because i wanted them to be able to speak english fluently and correctly.

 


            The first thing i did when i taught was reviewing the previous lesson. I pronounced some previous vocabularies that the students had learned before and i asked them to repeat and repronounce them again. Then, i started a new topic by showing some concrete medicine and medicine labels that i had brought. Some of the students had already known about the topic but some of the rest hadn’t known it yet. I also used my own slideshow to show them some real pictures of medicine and medicine labels. To assess the students, i had prepared a worksheet for them. I only gave them 10 minutes to study and 20 minutes to do the worksheet.


            When i felt that the students felt shy and afraid to speak up, i called them one by one and asked them to pronounce a vocabulary through a picture that i had prepared.  I asked them to be brave and speak louder because it was important for them to did so. Not only a worksheet, i also prepared a game for the three classes. They would be divided into 2 groups consist of 7 until 8 students. One group would bring a piece of picture and the rest would bring a piece of word. They will spread randomly and i would ask them to find their correct pair. So, overall the learning process worked well and the students seemed very excited and enthusiastic to join the class.

Komentar